Al Castello Resort strongly believes in the values of sustainability and environmental protection. For this reason he decided to adopt a green philosophy in different areas of his business. Al Castello Resort promotes:
1. Selection of products and suppliers. We are careful in the choice of raw materials and we favor Made in Italy productions with certified suppliers.
2. Reduced use of plastic. In some moments of the wedding reception, such as the aperitif, the sweet and savory finger food buffet, the dessert, we offer the use of dishes, cutlery and tableware in wheat bran. It is a 100% natural and biological material, obtained from food processing and transformed into objects. Totally disposeable as organic waste, innovative and green, it ensures an impeccable tasting experience. (difficult to distinguish them from porcelain dishes!)
3. Control of water consumption. The choice of introducing tableware in wheat bran, allows us to save a lot on washing, with a significant reduction in the consumption of water and detergents, notoriously polluting. In addition, the green area of Al Castello Resort is irrigated with rainwater recovery, from ancient wells located in the subsoil of the property.
4. Reduction of CO2 emissions. Our water system includes a water purifier that allows us to avoid buying bottled packages. This leads to energy savings in the production of plastic or glass bottles, as well as reduced circulation of trucks for deliveries. Fewer lorries on the roads means less CO2 emissions into the environment.
5. Beware of food waste. The Castello Resort Kitchen Team has developed a philosophy of careful and sustainable processing and production of dishes. Chefs prefer the express preparation of dishes, in order to ensure the best culinary experience and control the production according to the real needs, avoiding accumulation and waste.
6. Attention to the use of courtesy products in the rooms. At the Castello Resort it uses refillable dispensers with bubble bath and soaps in respect of the environment. The drinking water in the hotel floor is supplied by a sewage treatment plant in the corridor and customers can be supplied freely, thus avoiding waste
We decided to adopt these solutions for Al Castello Resort because they represent us and They mean a lot to us and to future generations. These are important and concrete actions for the benefit of all.
We would like to share our philosophy with our team, with spouses and guests. With each married couple we live a memorable and unique experience in their big day. This green note is our wish for a happy and joyful life in a world more green!